Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Keep Luca in your prayers...



This photo is from last summer, but it shows his hernia really well. It is not an umbilical hernia, it is actually above his belly button on his abdominal wall.

Tomorrow he will be having surgery to fix it. I did not think that the doctor would want to fix it for a couple years, but I was wrong. We went in to see Dr. Smith for Jonas's post-op visit a couple weeks ago. This is the doctor that I knew would eventually be fixing Luca's hernia. So, I had both boys with me, and I asked Dr. Smith to take a peak. I asked if it would just be cosmetic, and he said that it was not just cosmetic and it needed fixed. So, I said, "well, lets do it before January since we have met our deductible already this year." Thinking that he would not be able to be scheduled in until Oct/Nov. I was surprised when they told me that his surgery would be Sept. 3rd.

We have to be at Lutheran at 6am (yuck!!!), and surgery is scheduled at 8am. We should be home by noon or 1pm.

I am not nervous at all, but would appreciate your prayers for Luca. There is always a risk when anyone is put "under". I don't know how much discomfort he will have??? He is only 2, so he will not have any clue as to what is going on!

Thanks for your prayers, and I will update tomorrow night sometime.

2 comments:

Wendy Campbell said...

I'll be praying for him!

Laurie said...

Praying it all went well. I didn't get this til too late, so hopefully Luca is at home resting by now. Laurie