Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Cat shewd momma, cat shewd...

This is what I heard from Luca this morning, after running down to the basement to throw a load of laundry in the washer... (only gone about 3-5 minutes...)

This is what I saw...


(So thoughtful to share with his 'blind' brother, right???)




There is a big pile behind him too, in the kitchen... I promise you, that the cat food was out of reach!!!!!! What I did not take into account, is that he is smart enough to take the stool over to the counter, to help in reaching things... :-( When I came up, and he saw me, he said, "No corna, no corna!" (said in a New England type accent.) I did not put him in the corner, I buckled him into his booster seat, so I could clean up the mess!

Dixie, and GLA, I promise that Meow Mix is not part of our family 'snack plan'!!! lol...
Throughout the day, I kept stepping on more cat food. Meow mix has such aestetic colors, that some of the browns blended right into our wood floors...

The Livesay's, missionaries in Haiti, and another blog that I read, have coined the phrase,
"TIH--meaning This is Haiti."

My phrase is going to be, "TIL--This is Luca..."

8 comments:

One Crowded House said...

oh my- I shouldn't laugh- first the poop- and now the catfood.... luckily I have a little tattle tail in my house- Eli starts to get into something and Stevenson runs and tells me right away. Not that I want to encourage tattling... but it really is helpful sometimes :)

Phyl said...

Barb said that Luca reminds her of my nephew Adam when he was little. Adam is super smart and turned out fine! Luca will too...will mama live to see it? :-)

Laurie said...

Unbelievable. Well, I guess you now have another jewel on your crown... :)

Rebekah Hubley said...

Tanya-

I have a tattle tail/wanna be dad (micah), but he is at school all day. This is hard to imagine, but Micah has saved us from more messes by yelling, "EMERGENCY, EMERGENCY, Luca is..." :-)

Honestly, I am laughing at all of this too! Not while cleaning up poop, but what else can I do? :-)

Rebekah Hubley said...

Phyl-

I am hoping Harvard, Yale, Stanford. His first paycheck as a professional is already garnished! It will be used for a fabulous vacation for Ryan and I! lol...

Rebekah Hubley said...

Laurie-

PLEASE... take all of the jewels that you want! :-)

LaDawn said...

Wow, never a dull moment at the Hubley home. I am glad to hear you are able to laugh at what goes on ... even if only after the clean up is done. I can imagine being able to laugh about what goes on is what keeps you going some days. :)

Rebekah Hubley said...

LaDawn-

You are so right! I think if I did not laugh, I would be paying lots of money in therapy. :-) I do try to keep all of this in perspective, and know that someday "this too shall pass!"

Honestly, with all that has happened in Haiti lately, it is VERY easy to keep perspective! This is nothing...
Comedy relief, I guess?! :-)