Thursday, April 30, 2009

Out of the mouth of babes...

I have returned from the blog abyss... We have been packing, painting, and finishing up more paperwork for our homestudy, that hopefully will happen before we go to Disney: May 16th.

So, what are my kids saying these days??? Luca is by far the funniest because his vocabulary is exploding like a volcano, but his usage of the words he is learning is just too great not to share:

1. We were in Hannah's school a while back, and he had the hiccups. He said, (Very dramatically)
Mom, I have the headaches!" :-)

2. "Mommy, I want to see your elbows." So, being the 'amazing' mother that I am... I sat down with him right then and showed him my elbows, and we went over a bunch of different 'common' body parts. He was not too thrilled. A few minutes later, I was getting dressed and he pointed at my chest; giggled and said, "I see mommy's elbows!!!!!!" ----Seriously, after breastfeeding 3 kids for a year, is that really what my breasts look like: ELBOWS???? lol...

3. Luca is always getting big/little, hot/cold, all jumbled up. He will tell me to turn the 'heat' on because he is VERY hot... :-)

4. He is also really into knowing "who has a penis". He lists everyone, usually daily, and when he gets to Hannah, he usually giggles and says, "Hannah have a penis?" "No," I say, "Hannah does not have a penis..." He just laughs... The other day a friend of mine was over and he was asking her about penises, and going down the list of his 'usuals', and he said, "My daddy have a penis." She said, "Yes, all daddy's do..." Then the funniest thing, and she could not stop laughing... He said very matter of factly, "My daddy has a big penis..." Oh, I am so glad we were talking with someone that I know very well.........

5. 2 days ago I was getting ready in the morning, and Luca came in and handed me a bra and said, "Mommy, put your boobies on..." I nearly peed my pants!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately, he is nearly right: After nursing 3 kids, and never being very 'blessed' in that area, VS does supply me with affordable 'breast implants'... Gotta love the maxed out padded...push up to the max....miracle from Heaven....bras...." After he handed me my bra, he grabbed another one and said, "I put my boobies on too..." :-)

Hannah:

1. The other night at the dinner table, Micah was saying something about his "squirrel nuts" aka--testicles. We have never had "names" for his penis/testicles, because he has been seeing a urologist since birth, and everything has always been very medical... but somewhere/somehow his testicles got referred to as "squirrel nuts." Anyway, after Micah saying that, Hannah said, "what are squirrel nuts?" So, I explained that we were referring to his testicles and explained what testicles were, in 8 year old terms. She thought for a second and said, "What are my testicles called???????????????????" Once again, I nearly peed my pants!!!!!!!! lol...


So, have you ever read a post with the words breast, penis and testicles used so much?????? At least I did not say, VAGINA... Oops....did I just do that??????? ;-)

3 comments:

One Crowded House said...

oh my heavens.... I think every single one of those phrases or comments has come out of my kids mouths lately too!

I don't know how many times I have heard Eli or Stevenson say that their daddy has a big penis... Jeff thinks it's great!

And when Stevenson first had his circumcision I think the word penis was only said out loud (and sometimes TOO loud) five million times....

do you have a contingency that you have to sell this house before you buy the other one? Or are you going to try to do two mortgages?

I hope it all works out- I know you are really excited about the new house!

Jessica said...

number 5 is my favorite! i laughed out loud.
sounds like anna and i are in for an interesting week ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh I needed a good laugh! That was hilarious! My 7 year old told me the other day that, "mom, you are really pretty but I don't particualrly like that shirt." LOL
-Sherry from the VI boards