Thursday, April 16, 2009

Kidnapping Ryan...

Yep, that's right...When Ryan gets home from work today I am kidnapping him until late tomorrow night. I told him that he has to take work off on Friday and that is all that he knows.

What is the occasion??? Well, 2 weeks ago Ryan finished his 18month Masters in Education. During this time, Micah has had 2 major surgeries, we brought Jonas home, Luca had surgery, I had surgery, Jonas had 2 surgeries and multiple doctors appointments, he coached volleyball for 2 seasons, and still taught 6th grade math. So, to say that I am so very proud of him for earning a 4.0 GPA, is a complete UNDERSTATEMENT!!!

God has been so faithful to us and to our marriage. Statistics say that we should have been divorced not long after Hannah was born. (80% of marriages end in divorce after a child is born with special needs) I am not sure what the statistics are for marriage when your 2nd child is born with special needs??? :-) I love Ryan soooooooo much and God could not have picked a better husband for me!!!

We definitely are not perfect, nor do we have a perfect marriage, but 95% of the time, life and marriage is grand!!! God is the only one to thank for that...

So, what are we doing??? I can't tell you... :-) I will give all of the details when we get back...well, most of the details... I do have family that read this, and I am just not going "there"... lol...

The best thing about this kidnapping, is that it is practically not costing me anything. I grew up privileged, and learned to enjoy the "finer" things in life; and in my reality, we live on one income, and that one income is a teacher's salary. So, I still enjoy those things, and have learned how to be very resourceful so we can do them. I am really kind of giddy at how much this is NOT costing us...

Well, for more details, check in on Saturday... Until then, I will be soooooooooo relaxed, and not have a care in the world... Well, maybe a couple... :-)

3 comments:

Phyl said...

Have fun!!!!

-kate- said...

Whatever it is, I hope you both have a wonderful time! You deserve it!

One Crowded House said...

I can't wait to hear all about your celebration!