Wednesday, June 11, 2008

We love to grill...




I love the summer months, because 75% of my cooking involves the grill. We have been grilling a lot lately, and our family has two favorite things that we love to grill! Sweet potatoes, and corn on the cob. We grill the sweet potatoes until they are charred on the outside, and the inside is so soft and sweet. JONAS LOVES THE GRILLED SWEET POTATOES. I don't know if it is how the grill cooks them, but they don't even need butter or brown sugar to make them good. I have never grilled corn on the cob until this week. My friend Mia told me how to do it. We had it last night, and the kids asked if I could go to the store to buy more to grill. We loved it, and it was so easy. Micah and I husked the cobs, and then soaked them in cold water for about 15 minutes. Then we put them on the grill and cooked them for about 8 minutes, turning them every 2 minutes. The corn was SO SWEET, with a little smokey taste. It was a hit, and we will be having lots of grilled corn on the cob this summer!!!!!!!!! Try it out; you will love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

The Lashers said...

We loved grilled corn on the cob too. Do you put yours in foil? Or do you put it straight on the grill?

Rebekah Hubley said...

We put it straight on the grill. Some of the kernels get a little darker, but I love it that way. Putting it on the middle rack would prevent the scorching.