Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Dr. Rebekah Hubley...








Thank you everyone for all of your prayers!!!!!!!!!!!! He did great without his bottle until they started his IV. It was hard to get the IV threaded, because he has smaller veins and he has more valves in his veins than some people. The IV team nurses said that it is more common for black people to have more valves??? They could get it threaded and then it would blow... But finally they got it in the top of his foot/ankle.

He was sedated for the MRI, and it lasted about 45 minutes. He slept for a couple hours after and then I finally had to wake him up around 2pm to get him to eat something. I think he would have slept a lot longer!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need some of that sedation for the kids on long car rides... lol... :-) He was out within seconds!

Here are the results from Dr. Rebekah Hubley... :-) (I have the cd of the images and have to take them to the opthalmologist tomorrow to be read professionally...) :-)

This is what I can see to be obvious... His back right ventricle is definitely larger than it should be, and does not mirror the other side!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, it could be a enlarged right back ventricle which is putting pressure on the occipital lobe, and is causing the left sided weakness, and is putting pressure on the visual cortex of the brain, thus impairing his vision. Treatment for this, if this is even a real diagnosis, would be to insert a VP shunt in to help drain the ventricle and take the pressure off the back of the brain, and then hopefully the brain would fill in and some vision would come back and improvement would be noticable on the left side.

Second diagnosis: He has had some sort of brain trauma to that portion of brain and thus it is atrophede, and is not growing right, which leaves more room for the ventricle to be larger???

I do not see any visible tumors, growths, or bleeds. I could totally be missing something that is small and obscure and only the professionals would pick up on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All of you nurses and doctors(Sheryl/Brooke/Heather/Christy/Laurie/Cheryl/Dad/Missy...) are probably laughing hysterically at my descriptions, and that is okay!!! :-)
I called my dad for help,(he is a doctor), and he laughed at me and said he could not help me diagnose over the phone... :-) I told him that I think I missed my calling, and should have been a doctor. He told me that I could start medical school next week in all of my free time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol... I LOVE MY DAD!!!!!!!!!

So, I am sure that I will be posting tomorrow with the correct diagnosis!!!!!!!! In the meantime, and the off chance that I have read the MRI correctly, it would be a total miracle and blessing if it is just an enlarged ventricle and a shunt could improve the situation greatly!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all for your prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will post as soon as I hear something!!!

Rebekah (AKA Dr. Hubley) :-)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad Jonas' MRI is over and pray there will be a good report when all is said and done! GOD bless!!

Stephanie said...

The shirts are $20 (shipping included) and we have all adult sizes in navy blue. They can be ordered through my sister - Terri Fisher,PO Box 146,Jonestown, PA 17038.

Thanks for asking!!

T and T Livesay said...

Thanks so much for introducing yourself ... you grew up in Pierre Payan??? I would love to hear what ages you were when you lived here and see if you have anything you wish your parents would have known -- ways to help our kids -- we're just starting to get how being raised here is giving them unique personality traits that might leave them feeling odd at times (and of course they are oddd - like we all are) - very interesting. If you get a chance I'd love to know what ages you lived here. Glad you got your little guy out of GLA and home with you! Hope all the work of bonding is going well. Be blessed!