Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Words Cannot Express...


Jonas has been such a blessing to our family!!!  Words truly can't describe how much we have learned from him.  It is not always easy, and I would love for him to start talking...but I know it will come!  

My friend sent this to me tonight and I have to share it... This poem gave me chills, and it feels like it was specifically written for Jonas and our family!!!

ENJOY!!!!!  And grab the kleenex...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A GIFT FROM HEAVEN

"I'm sending you a child " God said, " to take care of for me.
you'll need patience, and understanding 'cause this child, he cannot see.
you'll learn the beauty of a smile,you see, his learning will be slow.
But with the love that you will give I know that he will grow.

This child will bring you pride and joy with each new thing he learns
though there will be times be brings you worries and concerns.
But you're the kind of parents that I know can make it through.
That is why I'm sending him to the two of you.

The lessons he will teach you not everyone will see,
because he will also have what's known as CP.
His learning will take effort and progress will be slow
but the love and joy he'll bring you few "normal" kid's parents know.

I'm not sending him because you've sinned, nor to punish you,
I'm sending him to you because I know you'll love him too.
This child is a special child I wouldn't place just anywhere,
I want him with a family I know will take good care.

And after searching wide and long the whole world through and through,
I decided that this gift of love would be sent from Heaven to you."




3 comments:

One Crowded House said...

beautiful poem, beautiful pictures, and SUCH a beautiful boy... I can't help but smile when I see pictures of him smiling :)

Our house has been on the market now for two weeks and we have had 3 showings- so that isn't too bad.
We have a steep driveway- and that has been the negative comment on each of the feedbacks...

Some of my kids are a little older than yours- so when we take an hour or two to tidy up- I have lots of helpers (who actually get stuff done :)

Are you going to go ahead and be able to buy the other house while you sell this one? or are you doing a contingency? We are going to *try* to do two mortgages- and just pray our little heads off that this one sells. We may be eating ramen noodles for a year or two! I wonder if there is a cookbook... something like "101 ways to make Ramen noodles!" :)

Phyl said...

How lovely! He's such a special little guy!

Anonymous said...

What a great poem. Kyden is such a blessing to me too. I know that parents of "normal" kids just don't understand what a gift it is to parent children with special needs.
Are you coming to White Cane Camping? Heather and Calli (Chun Bin) will be there. -Sherry