Saturday, April 26, 2008

Micah and The Missing Tooth...

Do you want to know what Micah is doing right now as I type? Finding a lost tooth. That's right, Hannah lost her first tooth today. So, we set it up on the counter to put under her pillow tonight, so the tooth fairy would bring her a new braille book. So, how do I know that Micah lost her tooth???

This is how the conversation went... I was upstairs painting the trim on our windows in our bedroom, and Micah came in to talk to me. We were talking, and then he said, "Mom, it's okay that Hannah's tooth is lost, because she will lose another one." I said, I know it's okay, because people loose teeth all of the time." I wasn't sure if he thought the lost tooth was going to be lonely not being in her mouth anymore, or what. (Micah is very compassionate) He then said, "It's okay that "I" lost her tooth, because she can give her next tooth to the tooth fairy." Then, I turned away from painting, and said, "Micah, did you mess with Hannah's tooth?" He said, "Well, I was just holding it here, and I didn't mean to drop it." I went down stairs to see if the tooth was truly missing, and it was. Oh, I was so mad! I sent Micah too his room for a few minutes, and told him that he was not aloud out of our room until he came to me with a tooth." That was 15 minutes ago, and the tooth is still missing...

He told me that we should cut the rug (carpet), so it would be easier for him to find Hannah's tooth. I said, "No, we are not cutting the carpet! You just need to keep your hands off things that do not belong to you!"

NEWSFLASH: RYAN AND MICAH JUST FOUND HANNAH'S TOOTH...

Alas, the tooth fairy can come tonight...

3 comments:

lori shepler - said...

"He told me that we should cut the rug (carpet), so it would be easier for him to find Hannah's tooth."

hahaha - sounds like he wanted you to do a fabulous dance!!

lori (one who's soooo glad you remembered you had a blog!!)

Rebekah Hubley said...

Can you believe it; two entries in less than 3 days. That must be a record... :-)

Katie Todd said...

Sounds like something that would happen at our house...Emily losing Ethan's tooth. Not Fun!!